When you start a blog, you almost immediately have to face the huge burden of writing your first post. Of course, you’ve got lots of ideas and thoughts and plans, and writing is a joy as much as anything else, but the first post seems like a huge responsibility. Do you introduce yourself, or is that too cliché for words? Maybe you should just start writing, but which idea do you award this special place to? So I´ve decided to go the boring way, and just start by writing out a list of facts about me. I wasn´t able to sort them by how interesting they are, so feel free to skip through the list at your own leisure.
- I´m a writer-I´ve been making up stories, poems and fantasy worlds for as long as I can remember and writing them down ever since I learned how to write. I´ve had two poems published in magazines and some of my old writing is posted on a website called Figment. I plan to post some things on here, too.
- I´m a university student, studying mathematics. I´m also not the spotty, bespectacled, greasy-haired genius introvert whose head is only filled with numbers that you probably just thought of. I’m not actually sure those people exist, come to think of it.
- I used to have a blog, which I later deleted. I only had about twenty followers, but it was nice to put my feelings down somewhere and we had some fun conversations in the comments sections. This is an EXCITING NEW START.
- I also have a lot of experience with online communities, moderating forums and running Internet groups
- I´m fluent in 4 languages and would love to learn more (especially French and Spanish) if only I had the time
- I do Tae-Kwon-Do! Which sounds incredibly scary and impressive, until I tell you that I’ve only been doing it for half a year, am still on my second white belt and have never been in a fight.
- I´m a jazz dancer. Or at least used to be.
- I´m very interested in childhood psychology. I still wish I had kept a diary when I was younger explaining exactly how children think. I DID keep diaries, just not with that purpose.
- I have no idea where I´m going with this. I´m trying to describe myself, but I´m scared of getting too personal or of sounding stupid or pretentious or scaring people off and to be honest, my plan for this blog is something along the lines of “post whatever I like, do so as often as possible and see what happens”.
- I used to be obsessed with Candy Crush and actually got to level 400-something. Before that, it was Tetris, SnowballFight, Zoo Tycoon, The Sims, Kindergarten, Blobby Volley and plenty of others.
- My biggest dream in life is to get to power to change our world for the better (naive much?)
- I started writing this list ages ago and can´t think of what else to add, so I´ll just stop it here J
Well, that’s some random facts about me which I hope you have enjoyed reading! Leave a comment telling me a bit about yourself!