Blogs are ever-changing things, aren’t they? As bloggers/writers/artists/teachers/a-million-other-occupations, we are constantly influenced and inspired to create new things and to change the old. In a couple of months, things will probably be completely different again and I will be making another announcement post.
But I wanted to have set topics and a fixed blogging schedule and I also wanted to let you guys know what was going on.
1. I now have categories! I’ve sorted all of my posts into “Stories”, “Harry Potter”, “Writing”, “Mathematics” and “The Youtube Diaries” and have a menu for each one. Some of them feel very empty right now, but not for long…
2. I’ve started a fixed blog schedule!
On Tuesdays, I will post Harry Potter themed posts-Easter eggs I found while rereading the books, thoughts on the deeper themes, how Hogwarts houses fit in with career paths, anything really.
Alternately, I’ll post something that I’ve been working on for a while now, but never yet posted: Mathematics-themes posts. These could be anything from crazy university anecdotes to actually trying to explain mathematical concepts in a helpful way.
On Saturdays, I will post my own writing-poems, stories and novel excerpts. I’ve been working on Camp NaNoWriMo this month (if you don’t know what that it, you should check it out! it’s never too late in the month to start) and I’m hoping to start #Wordbound again, so there will be lots of new stuff.
Alternately, I’ll post book reviews. I’ve wanted to do book reviews ever since I started this blog, but never quite got around to it. I’m hoping to post reviews of “Wonder” and of “The Open Garden” soon 🙂
I’ll still do Harry Potter theories every second Friday. If you know of any good ones that you’d like me to include, just leave a comment down below!
There will also be other posts-The Youtube diaries, which I post whenever I finish a series on Youtube, random thoughts, admin-ish/organizational/announcement posts like this one and lots of other things in between everything else.
3. There’s a “Just For Fun” section on the header! I’ll be adding something new to it each month, but so far July’s addition has been a game of “This or That”. There are five polls which you can vote on and see everyone else’s results. I’ll change the polls each week (most weeks will have a special theme, but this week’s is just random).
4. You can also find me at other places all over the Internet:
- Youtube, where you can find random gaming and Harry Potter videos, as well as QuickMaths, FairytaleMaths and MathASMR (coming soon. That is, coming as soon as I can figure out how to film myself writing on paper without a tripod because sellotaping my phone to my lamp didn’t work out too well. Any advice would be much appreciated.)
- Ask me anything you like on CuriousCat or ask.fm
- Add me on Facebook
- Chat to my novel character here (this also includes a lot of sad love quotes that are strangely popular. I don’t really get it either.)
- Quora, where I answer lots of Harry Potter questions
- Younow, where I’ll start doing shows again in September. Send me any maths problem you have (as long as it’s reasonable and not something that’s been unloved for the past thousands of years) and I’ll explain it in a show! Or come along for fun and random discussions and games.
And that’s all for today.
To all the lovely people I tagged in the Blue Sky tag: Get a move on! 😛 I’m looking forward to reading your posts.
To everyone: Thank you so much to everyone for leaving comments and likes, reading my posts and checking back. It means so much to me to just have a little place on the Internet where I can be myself and let my thoughts out.